Clearing and cleansing crystals are very important factors to keep in mind when caring for your healings gemstones.
Right from the moment they are mined up to and including the moment that you select your chosen healing crystals and decide to make them a part of your life, these powerful healing tools are handled by many people.
You do not know these people and each and every one of them imprints their own vibration (positive or negative) within the stone.
All crystals are highly sensitive and have this ability to receive as well as transmit energy.
Thus making it imperrative that after buying your healing gemstones, you cleanse, clear and re-align all unwanted vibrations by using the correct cleansing methods.
You will then have removed and re-aligned the vibrational energies the healing stones have absorbed over time.
Your healing gemstones wil then be prepared for dedication and making your crystals clear channels.
You will now have enabled them to attune to your vibrations before you use them for healing in a manner that will not detract or destroy their outer beauty or healing ability.
Cleansing crystals on a regular basis after you have done a healing session is also highly recommended since they absorb and are affected by your emotions as well as that of others within their energetic field which can affect their healing powers adversely.
Owning and caring for your crystals will bring you much joy...
Be gentle with your crystals when handling them and be mindful to be gentle and loving in your speech as healing gemstones also store thoughts and are not judgmental taking and absorbing whatever thoughts are offered.
Your healing crystals have an energy field just like you, that needs protection and caring for your crystals is as important as caring for any living creature.
They are the epitome of unconditional love and will enhance your health and well-being regardless of your class, race, sex or age.
You will benefit from the soft energies that these healing gemstones bring you by clearing your Aura and energizing your Chakras absorbing the negativity of dis-ease.
By taking care of them you can assure that they will retain their beauty and that their energy will remain pure and unobstructed.
You too can learn how to love, handle and take care of your crystals to make sure that no negative energies are held within your healing crystals or passed on to others during a healing session.
Over the years I have followed different advice, some of it very wrong, which sadly caused me to damage the look of more than one of my healing crystals, in order that that should not happen to you these here are a couple of ways I can recommend for cleansing crystals.
If one doesn't work for you, always depend on your intuition and try another cleansing method.
- Sunlight - Light is the essential currency of crystal healing therefore cleansing crystals this way works best. Leave your crystals in sunlight for a couple of hours, at least 12, the crystal will absorb the healing rays of the sun.
- Smudging - Smudge your healing gemstones with the purifying smoke of dried herbs or incense. This method can be used for cleansing crystals one by one or even for a roomful of crystals.
- Running water - (do not use this crystal cleansing method on porous crystals e.g. Azurite) Hold your crystals under running water and imagine all the negativity flowing out of your crystal as little minus signs and going down the drain. Then imagine your crystal being filled with loads of positive energy (with little plus signs).
- Resonating sound - Purify your crystals with the resonating sound of a bell that you love. You can even use beautiful music and again either a single crystal or a roomful of crystals can be cleansed this way. Cleansing crystals this way has an added benefit, the vibration of sound is integrated into the healing energies of your crystal.
- Amethyst cluster / bed - Placing your healing gemstones on a cluster will cleanse and remove negative energy from your crystals. This method can be applied overnight.
- Brown rice - a firm favorite. Cover or lay your healing crystals on a bed of brown rice for 24 hours. After cleansing crystals this way, I was informed by a Swami from the Asram that the rice can be used for cooking and need not be thrown away. However there are two schools of thought as far as eating the rice or throwing it out is concerned. Trust your intuition and do what works for you.
Remember to cleanse your crystal cluster from time to time.
Stop the damage when cleansing your crystals...
Although most crystals seem to be rock-like as you look at them and touch them, some crystals, like Selenite, are extremely delicate, soft and porous and if you treat them wrong they will damage.
Note: For this reason I have not mentioned cleansing crystals using rock/kosher salt or salt water, both of these methods can damage your beauties over time.
However do not despair, even though some of your healing crystals might be damaged and have lost their beauty; their energy memory (healing ability and power) is not lost as this unique healing power is intrinsic to the very structure of the crystal itself.
To destroy the energy or healing ability of a gemstone would require from you the total destruction of the crystal itself.
Keep the following in mind when cleansing your crystals:
Crystal Types to avoid contact with water:
- Azurite, Halite, Selenite - water soluble.
- Lapis lazuli, Opal, Turquoise - porous, do not soak, dry after cleansing.
- Malachite - use cool water only, dry after cleansing.
Light sensitive crystal types:
- Amethyst, Rose Quartz - may fade.
- Turquoise - may dry out.
Heat sensitive crystal types:
- Amethyst - may fade in gentle heat, becomes colorless in strong heat.
- Quartz - may fracture with sudden temperature changes.
- Lapis Lazuli - avoid high heat.
- Malachite - avoid sudden temperature changes.
- Tourmaline - high heat alters colors.
- Turquoise - sensitive to all heat.
Easily scratched crystal types:
- Metallic crystals or minerals.
- Calcite, Celestite, malachite, Fluorite, Rhodochrosite, Apatite, Lapis Lazuli.
- Sodalite, Selenite, Turquoise, Hematite, Moonstone.
Your "Like" & "Vote" would really be appreciated.
This website is for you and others like you who have a desire to be a part of the natural way to heal.
I am sure you too have found a lot of valuable insights into energy healing and by sharing our knowledge we get to help one another.
This web site is a collation of my knowledge spread over more than 400 pages but I know that there is a lot more information and success stories out there and I would just love to hear about them.
I'd love to receive any articles, photos, stories, reviews, or other content you'd like to share.
Share Your Energy Healing Experience by submitting it right here on this site, then site visitors can read, rate, and comment about it. See an example of how this works with an interesting story of what happend to me about perfection.
You can also share or comment on any page of this website, just see the "Share this page" and "Leave a Comment" options at the very bottom!
Please join me as we develop and grow this fun Healing Community.
There's also an active group of fans on my Healing Journeys Energy Facebook Page so come join the conversation, we'd love to have you with us!
I recently started a Pinterest page with tons of boards to follow!
Of course I am available on Twitter and would love to see your tweets!
Home > Crystal Care & Cleansing
- Put them outside or on a windowsill on a full moon to recharge.
- Use the rain as a way to cleanse them with water, or soak them in a bowl of salt water.
- Smudge them with a sage stick or some palo santo. ...
- Bury them underground for 24 hours. ...
- Use a cleansing crystal.
Citrine, Clear Quartz, and Carnelian are highly cleansing crystals working with the chakra system to align and recharge with positive energies by cleansing negative and stagnant energies. Each of these stones do not absorb negative energies as well as never needing to be cleansed.
- Citrine. This bright, cheerful stone is believed to give off the energy of ambition and abundance. ...
- Red Jasper. Red jasper is a great stone for anyone struggling tear themselves away from the call of Netflix and their couch. ...
- Carnelian. ...
- Orange Calcite. ...
There's a distinct difference between charging and cleansing crystals. Most often both terms are used interchangeably but they are not the same thing. Cleanse - clearing crystal of any stale energy. Charge - replace used up energy from continuous use of a crystal.
Cleaning and recharging your crystals is necessary for returning them to their natural state so that they can continue to benefit you. Generally, you should plan to clean your crystals once per month; however, if you feel that they are being influenced by negative energy, you may consider cleaning them more often.
- Clear quartz and stones with powerful properties. Quartz amplifies the energy of minerals nearby, so it is not recommended for use with strong minerals. ...
- Lace agate and red jasper. ...
- Smoky Quartz and Tiger Eye. ...
- Pure quartz and green aventurine. ...
- Amazonite and tiger's eye.
The more often you use a stone, the more energy it collects. A good rule of thumb is to clear all of your stones at least once a month. If an individual stone is feeling heavier than usual, go ahead and cleanse it.
- — Hallway — Cleansing, Energy. Best crystals for hallway: black obsidian, rose quartz, black tourmaline.
- — Bedroom — Relaxation, Healing. Best crystals for bedroom: citrine, celestite, amethyst.
- — Office — Focus, Energy.
Charging gives a crystal additional energy, allowing your crystal to work with more vibrancy and for a longer duration before it needs to be cleansed again. Charging can also increase the intensity of any intention placed into the stone.
And when used for healing, these stones are said to absorb or redirect the negativity you're working to release. Regularly cleansing and recharging your stones is the only way to restore your crystal to its natural state. This act of care can also reinvigorate your own sense of purpose.
According to the esoteric explanation, the change in the vibration of the elementary particles affects the crystal's structure, which is why its color and vibration might change. Since crystals can store low-frequency energy, they need to be cleaned at regular intervals.
- Actinolite: fibrous form of asbestos.
- Amazonite: contains copper which is toxic.
- Angelite: contains lead and sulfur.
- Azurite: contains copper.
- Chrysocolla: contains copper.
- Garnet: contains Aluminium.
- Hematite: contains iron and will rust when submerged.
Check to make sure before trying, though. Some natural crystals have lower scores on the Mohs hardness scale. An authentic crystal is going to leave a mark on a regular piece of scratch glass. If the one getting marked is the so-called crystal, then it's a fake crystal and not a natural stone.